- Take three deep breaths slowly. If you don't feel like meditating or if you don't have the time to do so, just stop for a minute, take a deep breath through your nose, and let the tension drain from your muscles as much as possible. Deep breathing will relax you significantly.
- Making decisions and acting on those decisions can be another way to relieve stress. You can resolve everything that is bothering you. Make a list of things you want to do and get going. Sometimes letting things go can be an effective stress buster. Shopping too can be an amazing stress buster.
- Relax your tongue. If your teeth hold your tongue tightly, free it up so that it can just rest without tension.
- Take a vacation in minutes and visit to all the places you desire by means of creative imagination. You will definitely find peace and happiness through this type of exercise.
- Relaxing your facial muscles can be a way to relieve stress and try to maintain this relaxed face throughout the day.
- Slow down when you do not require moving very fast.
- Laughter is the best medicine. Laughter reduces stress and promotes relaxation.
- Listen to soothing and uplifting music.
- Enjoy watching a sunset.
- Practice progressive relaxation or yoga.
- Enjoy the aspects of water like bathing or swimming.
- De-stress yourself by talking to family and friends.
- Always do things that you enjoy. When you are totally engrossed in any activity, you won’t find any room for stressful thoughts. Also, get involved in physical activities. Physical activities include organizing or decorating your house, playing with the dog, cooking etc. These activities will help you drop your worries and keep a mental balance.
- Spend time with your partner.
- Decide your goals and formulate practical strategies to reach them.
- Go for an outing on a weekend with family or friends. This will definitely help you change your mood and will be a good way to relieve stress.
- Always exercise. The power of exercise acts as an excellent stress buster and also alleviates our mood during depression.
- Another way to relieve stress is known as forehead release. Place your palm and fingertips on your forehead in a gentle manner. Breathe deeply but slowly. Focus on whatever that is stressing you. Do this for at least three to five minutes to get effective results.
- Another way is to concentrate on the “third eye point”. Shut down your eyes and locate your fingertips on the point between the midst of your eyebrow. Breathe deeply but slowly for about three to five minutes in the same position.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Ways To Relieve Stress
Stress is a psychological and physiological response to events that upset our emotional balance to a great extent. We all face different obstacles, challenges in our daily life and this creates pressure, which becomes difficult to handle. You may feel stressed out due to tension, when you are not sure of satisfying others needs, or when you feel overwhelmed. Stress keeps you on toes during if you are planning to appear for tests.
Stress can be helpful to a certain extent. It can give you a push in the right direction, motivate you to do your best, along with all of this, stress can also help you to stay focused and alert. Nevertheless, when it becomes difficult for you to cope up with this demanding world, you tend experience emotional as well as physical stress.
There are various stress signs that can be easily identified by us, although, they vary from person to person. Stress can severely affect our body, mind and emotions. Some primary signs of stress are persistent stomach problems, skin outbreaks, and lower back pain. Hypersensitivity or crying jags are also indications of severe stress.
There are number of stress busters that help you relieve stress. Some ways to relieve stress are:
These are a few ways to relieve stress. If they are taken into consideration, these simple tips will definitely help you reduce your stress as well as other stress- related diseases.