Monday, February 16, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
Monday, December 1, 2008
Do you know you can get a very useful and easy to read Stress Management Guide which is available on my website.
Even more detail is available on all the different aspects of stress management on the related pages on this site. It even covers way to relieve stress as well as causes of stress
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Hives, also know as urticaria, are a type of skin rash characterized by areas of flat pale red raised swelling or irritation on the skin. This type of rash usually does not stay around for long, but can last from a few minutes to few weeks. This rash is extremely itchy and can cause a stinging or burning sensation, which is extremely uncomfortable, making it difficult not to scratch. While it can have many different causes, stress is definitely one!
Lets explain how stress can bring about a skin irritation and result in urticaria. The largest organ of the body is skin, which is also very sensitive and can react to all kinds of irritates, both external and internal. As we know, stress can also be caused due to hormonal imbalance and can also cause hormonal imbalances itself through the generation of large amounts of adrenaline and cortisol in its natural 'fight-or-flight' responses. These hormonal imbalances have ripple effects affects on the overall health of the body.
Hives occurs in 15-20 percent of the people, affecting women twice as often as men. It can occur on any part of the body and its size can range from few millimeters to a foot. Identifying the causes of hives is a bit difficult as there are several ways in which it can come about.
Now that you know that stress amongst other causes can hives, lets have a look at the different types of hives of which there are two types:
- Ordinary hives, which appears suddenly on several different places on the body simultaneously and the affected part of the body is red and itchy. It lasts from few days to weeks. If, however, it is around for more than 6 weeks (poor you because it might have driven you mad by then), they are considered to be chronic in nature and needs professional intervention.
- Physical hives, which arises when something stimulates or irritates the skin. Physical hives are caused owing to scratching and technically is known as dermatographism. It also can arise from exercise, pressure, water, heat or cold and sunlight. Does n't leave much out does it?But, you want to know whether stress cause hives and how does it come about:
- Ordinary hives are caused as a reaction to food, such as, berries, fish, chocolates, nuts, milk. Viral infections , insect bites or a certain medication can also be the possible triggers. The causes of chronic hives, however, are never consistent which makes its eradication difficult.
- The common triggers of physical hives as stated are sun, water and cold, but other triggers including stress, fungus, perfumes or deodorants, pets, bacteria etc play a role. They also arise because of hormonal imbalance and this is where stress and its management comes into play. Stress hormones have a particular effect in women, because they can disturb the estrogen and progesterone balance. Urticaria which occurs via this route should be treated seriously and a professional should be consulted as it can also prove to be life-threatening.So can stress cause hives? Yes, strange as it may seem and of more importance it has been proved that it can be life-threatening and definitely does need to be addressed. Some of the generally treatments will include:
- Personalized stress management program for optimum long-term symptom management.
- An antihistamine or a steroid, usually a cream recommended by your doctor to relieve the symptoms.
- Natural treatments are an one option as there are less side effects than what can arise from steroids, as effective as they are. A homeopath can be consulted for this.
- Be aware though, that people spend a great deal of time and money on the remedies with very little success. One remedy, however, has been found to have a beneficial impact is known as HIVAREX and can be taken orally in order to maintain optimal immune system health.
There is no exact treatment or cure for hives, the above treatments may not benefit everybody but can help relive it to a certain extent, but never take stress as one of its potential causes of your list.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
If the patient is unable to do exercise, then another form of stress test is performed that uses drugs in spite of physical activity in order to generate the effects of exercise during the check up. Although the EKG exercise stress test is performed most commonly, there are a number of other stress tests also, including a:
* Nuclear stress test
* Stress echocardiogram
* Pharmacological stress test
An echocardiogram is performed when the patient does exercises in a limited manner on a stationary bicycle or treadmill at different elevations and speeds. During this test, the response of your heart under exertion, as well as the working and structure of your heart can be evaluated. If the patient is unable to exercise, then this test is performed with the help of specific medicines.
The Pharmacological stress test is also known as the Chemical stress test. This type of test is used for patients who cannot perform physical activities. During this test, a medicine like adenosine or dobutamine is given to the patient that causes the heart to respond as if the patient was exercising, although the person is actually resting. Some drugs increase the heart rate of the patient, while other medicines improve blood flow by causing the coronary arteries to expand. In the Nuclear stress test, a radionuclide tracer is introduced into the blood flow and the rate of uptake is screened. This type of test is performed with the combination of a nuclear imaging test, like PET scan SPECT scan. In the SPECT test, a special gamma camera measures how fast the radionuclide tracer is accepted into heart muscle on a blood cell. Where as, in the PET scan test some special sensors evaluate how rapidly a carrier molecule, generally glucose is taken into the heart muscle. These tests are mostly advised after a heart attack in order to help physicians finds out how much part of the heart tissue has been damaged. These tests also help doctors determine if the damaged areas are really undergoing necrosis or they are recuperating.
Patients preparing for this test are suggested to stay away from drinking or eating anything other than water at least four hours before the test. Only a small amount of water can be taken if needed. This is because, it is simpler to evaluate the performance of your heart when your stomach is empty. Your physician will also advise you to stop taking specific drugs before taking such tests.
Want to find out more about all the symptoms, causes and way to measure stress the get yourself a copy of my Stress Management Guide and get access to a get deal of more information on this and other areas
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
The most frequent signals of geopathic stress are a constant feeling of being run-down or fatigued , nervousness, resistance to medical treatment, frustration or depression, loss of appetite, pallor and not wanting to go to bed, insomnia, restless sleep, feeling cold, tingling of arms and legs, sleep walking, grinding of teeth and nightmares. When waking in the morning one often feels fatigued, with a dizzy head and backache. Children often get up wetting the bed and babies cry continuously as a result of geopathic stress.
Geopathic stress does not cause an illness but lowers the strength of your immune system. It also prevents the body from properly absorbing vitamins, minerals, trace elements etc. from your food. It also makes you allergic to food, drinks and environmental pollution. Geopathic stress is also man-made. The earth is a maze of veins of electricity. When these lines cross each other, the vibrations that are emitted hamper the lives of people living on that land or building. Man has impaired the positive vibrations by building structures over the nodes or criss-crossing veins. Construction, digging, cable laying, pipe laying have intensified the geopathic stress.
There is no instrument yet, which is sensitive and selective enough to check whether your home is on a geopathic stress area. However, there are other tests like Blood Crystalline Analysis, the VEGA test electro-acupuncture etc. which can confirm if the GS (geopathic stress) has been cleared. Sleeping in a GS place is particularly stressful because a larger part of your body is exposed to it. Also, geopathic stress is much stronger at night. During sleep, your brain rests for half the time and heals your body for the other half of the time. If you are sleeping in a geopathic stress area then your brain spends all the time working due to the strain of the GS and you are bound to wake up tired.
Geopathic stress affects you psychologically as well. Majority of the people who are depressed, suicidal and 80% of the people who get divorced have geopathic stress. If you are not geopathically stressed then your chances of living beyond mid-seventy is 90%. Geopathic stress takes up about 50% of the harmful things in your life. If you move out of the geopathically stressed area, your immune system will strengthen and you will be able to cope up with other problems of your life. Children do not thrive in GS and are often hyperactive and allergic. They have learning disabilities, hyperactive tendencies or continuous bad behavior.
Geopathic stress can be healed using crystal cones, copper instruments, towers, conical & cylindrical units. These placements should be done before the construction of the buildings. Moving your sleeping or working are away from the geopathic stress area is the best way to avoid the above mentioned